Larry Crowne


posted by Tamilnambi on ,

No comments

I'm trying to remember the last time when I saw Tom Hanks in the big screen but I can't remember it. Because the only Tom Hanks' film I saw in a theater was 'Toy Story 3', and that film has only his voice.


So when my friends wanted to watch this film I decided to join with them, even though I didn't read any good reviews about it in twitter. I don't want to go too much into the story of this film because I would say that the story of this film is not like a basement or floor which holds the building; it's more like a carpet which makes it look better. when I try to remember this film now, I don't get any deep thoughts or feelings. All I get are, like some pleasant photographs of sceneries which you can see while you driving your car. You don't spend much of your time on this sceneries by stopping your car here and there. But still it is a pleasant one, which you enjoys even without you realize it.

I think my connection to this movie is made because of the classes that Larry Crowne(Tom Hanks) taken in this film. Since he's fired from work for his lack of college education, he again goes to college to take a few courses like a communication class about speaking and an economy course. Since I'm doing my Professional Skills Development course now, I feel this connection. It reminds me of both my college days and my training period here.


After watching this film, All of my friends who suggested this film didn't like it except me. Everyone was asking what's the point in this film. But I feel why do you need a point for a film. I know that Tom Hanks' films are notable for its strong story lines, like 'Cast Away', 'Apollo 13', 'The Terminal', etc,. But our life is not always exciting or full of emotional like those films. Mostly it consists of small happy and sad moments which defines our life. When we face some difficulties, we feel that all our life we didn't have anything other than sufferings and wonder why life is so hard for us. But when this event opens us an another door which leads us to the next step or level of our life, then we realize that all happens for a reason. These small things only helps us to move our life without any boredom. ( For all those who believe that a film should definitely have a point, you can take this as your point.)

So stop expecting some big sudden life changing miracles when you wake up every morning and learn to enjoy the small moments, the life offers you. Again coming to this movie, I can't assure you whether you'll like it or not. Because what I learned today is, there are no bad movies and good movies. Some movies suit your mood or mindset and others don't.


P.S : If you have also watched this movie and felt that I'm trying to say good things about it only because I like Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, well.. you might be right.

Leave a Reply