Ek Thi Daayan


posted by Tamilnambi on ,

No comments


So finally using the strategy that ghosts/witches don't roam outside during the sunny afternoons (they don't, right ?! ) I have finished watching 'Ek Thi Daayan'.. Really it was one of the scariest movies I have seen recently, since it has what I fear most as the main evil thing.. No No not the Daayan ! I meant the Chipkali !!!

This is what I posted in fb after watching the film and it perfectly comprises what I felt about the film. But since this is a blog post I have to debrief it into three or four more paragraphs.


So what intrigued me to watch this film ? Three things. 1. Huma Qureshi 2. the 'Yaaram' song 3. and Konkana's long braid which swayed like a king cobra in the trailer. So let's go through these one by one. The foremost reason I watched this movie and the biggest disappointment of the movie is Huma Qureshi. Why are you so fat ?!!!! In 'Gangs of Wasseypur' you were gorgeous ! in 'Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana' you were bubbly !! But now you are just fat !!! 




Second, the songs.. Even though I skipped through most of the songs (Oops ! Now you know that I didn't watch this movie in theater :P ) It's not because it sounds anything like how the Dayaan's scream (or what ever you want to call it )make your head spinning. Acutally I would say music is the only thing in the movie that doesn't disappoint you much because even Emran Hashmi disappoints us with no hot song or a hot kiss. Well, actually there was a song in the beginning which looked like it's gonna be hot but I skipped through most of it not being able to watch the fatty Huma.


And then the last one. The long braid of the Daayan ! As per the story the power of the Daayan is in its long braid.  So whenever she's gonna do something it sways like a snake. I don't know how you feel when you are reading it, But when I watched it in the trailer, I thought it might be scary and kept one of my hand near to face to hide my eyes if something scary happens whenever they show Konkana in the first half. But when they showed that Huma is the Daayan in the second half (Oops ! Spoiler Alert !!.. like you were planning to watch this movie :P ) my reaction changed into something like.. "what ever.. :|" 




And if you were hoping that I'm gonna say anything about the Chipkali, I googled it just to check whether I'm using the correct name or not and I know I'm gonna regret what I saw for at least another couple of days. So no comments about it :|


So to conclude, the plus points of the movies are its music, Konkana Sen Sharma and our cute little Sara (Deiva Thirumagal fame). And the negative points are.. well.. the rest of all..

Leave a Reply