Clash of the Titans


posted by Tamilnambi on ,

No comments

Hi people. It’s been ages since I updated my blog. Last weekend my college conducted a techfest called ‘Anokha’. But I bunked it to go home and watch some new films. To make this as something useful, I want to put my thoughts as posts here. This is not a professional review. It’s just what I felt about these films. You may feel different about these films and you are welcome to share it in the comments.



I managed to buy tickets for ‘Clash of the Titans 3D’ for the first day itself and I went to the night show with my friend who has no idea about Greek mythology. The theater was house full, thanks to Avatar for making the people to know the differences between 2D and 3D films. Only few like me were there to watch the film for its story too. The people came to see the 3D effects got bored within half an hour and lost their interest in the film. My friend slept for a while too. I don’t know why they wanted to release this film as a 3D film in the last minute. They couldn’t add any 3D effects other than in the end credits. But most people would be already out of the theater, when the end credits come. Some were even confused whether the 3D glasses were the reason for lack of the effects. As for me, the glasses didn’t do anything much other than making the screen gloomy.

Apart from it, if you came to the other aspects of the film, it was a decent one. Even though they tweaked the original story for their comfort, it didn’t bother me much after watching some film series like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, etc.,. The only thing you can relate this film with the Greek mythology will be the names like Perseus, Andromeda, Medusa, Zeus, etc. By the way, I didn’t know there was a Black Pegasus in that ages and it was larger than the white ones. May be the creators of “Age of Mythology’ missed it in the previous versions of the game and will include it in the upcoming ones. As per the Greek mythology, The Pegasus sprang from the blood of Medusa, when Perseus beheaded her. But in this film, it came to visit Perseus once, even before he kills Medusa. But after all, when our ancestors had the rights to make stories of winged horses, there is no wrong if we took the rights to introduce a new breed of Pegasus in black color. But above than all of this, I have a big confusion in the film title itself. Why did they name this film as ‘Clash of the Titans’ when there is no connection between this film story and the Titans?

I started this post with the thought of sharing you about the good special effects aka graphics made in this film for Medusa, Pegasus, Kraken, etc., and the good work by done by actors like Sam Worthington. But I was dragged away in the other things what I noticed in the film. After all, people need someone like me to write
the minus points of the film in blogs to make reading more interesting, right?



So If you don’t know anything Greek mythology or don’t give any **** about whatever they do to the story of gods (I just wanted to share the changes made to the story of Perseus in the film, in the previous paragraph. Other than that I don’t care about the story of gods who had no work other than impregnating all the nymphs and women who came across them) and interested in fantasy stories, it’ll be a nice film to spend a two and half hours in a fantasy world.

Leave a Reply